Dr. Seuss’ ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ celebrates 50th anniversary at 20th Century Emporium | Arts & Culture
To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the original publication of Dr. Seuss’ “Green Eggs and Ham,’’ the 20th Century Emporium is making available a special foil-covered party edition.
This highly collectible edition of the beloved Seuss classic (the story of Sam-I-Am’s determined campaign to convince another Seussian character to eat a plate of green eggs and ham) makes a perfect gift that will be cherished by young and old alike.
“Green Eggs and Ham,” the best-selling and critically acclaimed book, was first published on August 13, 1960. The book was the fourth bestselling English-language children's book of all time as of 2001, according to “Publishers Weekly” that year.
The 20th Century Emporium is located inside Lakewood’s Heritage Center at 801 S. Yarrow St. and is open 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Tuesday-Saturday year-round. Call 303-987-7850 or visit www.Lakewood.org/HCA for more information. Plenty of free parking is available.
Top Lakewood Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Slideshow: Vampire Weekend and Of Monsters and Men in Denver
- Lakewood Bank robber escapes after running into book store
- Couple considers legal action to stop bullying of their son at school
- Multi-vehicle accident in Clear Creek Canyon injures 5
- Video: Special player for Golden H.S. hits 3-pointer, crowd goes crazy