Colorado’s first-ever June primary election takes place today | News
DENVER — It’s primary election day in Colorado. There are just a few races being contested in the state’s first-ever June primary.
Most candidates are running unopposed.There are 29 races statewide where two members of the same party are competing in the all-mail ballot.
Race winners will go on to the November general election.
Wildfires in places like El Paso County are complicating the election for thousands of people evacuated from their homes.
People there can drop off ballots in Teller County, or they can arrange for fax or email ballots.
In Denver, there are 13 voter service centers open where ballots can be dropped off. Follow this link for information and locations.
If you don’t live in Denver, check your county clerk and recorders office for information about ballot drop-off locations in your area.
Top Lakewood Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Slideshow: Vampire Weekend and Of Monsters and Men in Denver
- Lakewood Bank robber escapes after running into book store
- Couple considers legal action to stop bullying of their son at school
- Multi-vehicle accident in Clear Creek Canyon injures 5
- Video: Special player for Golden H.S. hits 3-pointer, crowd goes crazy