Lakewood Police: Victim’s boyfriend arrested for murder | News
LAKEWOOD, Colo. – Corey Anthony Lopez, 22, faces first-degree murder and domestic violence charges in connection with the death of his girlfriend, 21-year-old Richelle Ann Best, according to a Lakewood Police Department representative.
Police found the victim in the apartment she shared with Lopez at 1070 Teller St. on Tuesday, July 24, after the suspect reported to officials that Best was “unresponsive.” Lopez was at the apartment when police arrived.
According to investigators, “detectives on the scene observed no apparent reason for Best’s death.”
Autopsy results indicate Best died from what the coroner reported as “non-visible trauma.”
Lopez was arrested and then booked at the Jefferson County Jail.
Lopez is scheduled to make his first appearance in court Monday morning.
Top Lakewood Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Lakewood Bank robber escapes after running into book store
- Couple considers legal action to stop bullying of their son at school
- Multi-vehicle accident in Clear Creek Canyon injures 5
- Video: Special player for Golden H.S. hits 3-pointer, crowd goes crazy
- Semi crashes on I-70, partially dangles off bridge